Geneva Lake Shore Path: Uncover 21 miles of stories on a self-guided audio tour
The shore path has been an integral part of life on Geneva Lake for hundreds of years – and because it’s rich in history and uniquely accessible to the public, there are 21 miles of stories along it. Let me share my favorites with you on this self-guided GPS walk.
You'll find out how some of the owners of the incredible lakeshore estates made their fortunes and were able to build such magnificent homes. These titans of the beer, washing machine, chewing gum and even bicycle industries took refuge here after the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, while the city was rebuilt, in the process they made Geneva Lake one of the Midwest’s favorite vacation destinations.
This tour covers the entire Geneva Lake Shore Path. You can start and end it at any point and come back to it as many times as you like. Whether you go for a long walk or a short one, there are plenty of restaurants and bars to relax at when you get back to one of the three lakeside towns.
If this is your first VoiceMap tour, please take a moment to read the important notes below.
1. Install VoiceMap from the Apple App Store or Google Play
2. Create an account
3. Select Tour Codes from the menu, then select Enter Codes
4. Enter the code below then select Download Now
YOUR CODE: GLSP8427
This code can be used by every member of your party. If you have booked for three people, for example, three people can download this tour using the same code. Codes are not case sensitive.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE:
• You can download the tour at any time, before or after your booking date.
• It’s best to download the tour before you set off for the starting point.
• When the download completes, you’ll see a screen with a photo of the starting point and directions to it. The red start button will become active when your are at the starting point.
• The download should only take a few minutes to complete. If it takes longer, please cancel the download, go to Account, select Purchased and download the tour from there.
• Remember to bring your own headphones, unless you have booked a driving tour.
For technical support and other queries, please email [email protected]