Wildlife and Glaciers with a walk in the Rainforest
This tour is a great way to experience some amazing sights of Alaska, wildlife, glaciers, and a rainforest within a half day. Your guide will pick you up from downtown Anchorage and drive along Turnagain Arm, which boasts abundant scenic views and Alaskan wildlife within easy access to the city of Anchorage. Along the way, you will learn many interesting facts about this area’s history, animals, and ecosystem from your experienced guide.
You will visit the Wildlife Conservation Center, located at the end of Turnagain Arm and surrounded by mountain peaks. You will have the chance to explore on your own and visit the many animals in the center, including brown bears, wolfs, caribou, moose, and the endangered Woodland Bison.
After the Wildlife Center, you will have the opportunity to see the majestic Portage Valley, a few miles drive from the Wildlife Center. Here you will enjoy several amazing viewpoints of glaciers, lakes, rivers, and a unique rainforest.
• Comfortable walking shoes are recommended and please dress in layers for the weather conditions
• Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
• If you will not be arriving at your destination within the specified reconfirmation period, please reconfirm with the local service provider prior to travel, or upon arrival at your destination. Please note that departure times and locations may vary slightly.
• This tour is recommended for mobile people as their will be in and out and walking.
• There will also be a van change at the Alaska Wildlife Center.