California Gold Rush: A Self-Guided Cycling Tour around the Sacramento Grid
How did Sacramento come to be California's capital city?
What was the city's founder, a Swiss named Johann Sutter, doing here in what once was Spanish territory?
How did his efforts to expand a fort here at the confluence of two rivers lead to the discovery of gold and the rush to come get it?
Learn the answers and more by taking this 2-hour self-guided GPS tour by bicycle. Bikes can be rented in Old Sacramento at Practical Cycle. Also, at bike racks throughout the city from a bike share program lock them if you leave them. The tour departs and finishes at the Capitol, stopping along the way at markers and structures that tell us about the founding of this city and the Gold Rush of 1849.
The tour is ready whenever you are and the audio plays automatically at exactly the right time and place using your smartphone's GPS and the VoiceMap mobile app, which also works offline.
To use your tour, please read the important instructions below and disregard all other codes except for this one: CGRS4912
1. Install the VoiceMap mobile app. (Just search the Apple App Store or Google Play for VoiceMap Audio Tours.)
2. Create an account
3. Select Tour Codes from the menu, then select Enter Codes
4. Enter the code below then select Download Now
This code can be used by every member of your party. If you have booked for three people, for example, three people can download this tour using the same code. Codes are not case sensitive.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE:
• You can download the tour at any time, before or after your booking date. It’s best to download the tour before you set off for the starting point.
• When the download completes, you’ll see a screen with a photo of the starting point and directions to it. The red start button will become active when you are at the starting point.
• This tour follows a set route and includes turn-by-turn directions. It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next.
• The download should only take a few minutes to complete. If it takes longer, please cancel the download, go to Account, select Purchased and download the tour from there.
• Remember to bring your own headphones, unless you have booked a driving tour.
For technical support and other queries, please email [email protected]