Historic Folsom: A Self-Guided Audio Tour
This self-guided GPS audio walking tour will explore the historic western gold rush town of Folsom, California.
The tour begins at the corner of Riley and Scott Street in Folsom’s Historic District and ends on Truss Bridge, with tranquil views of the American River. We’ll take in Figueroa Street, where you’ll find beautiful homes built in the late 1800s, and Sutter Street, which was once Folsom’s main street – and a picturebook Old Western main street. We’ll end our adventure on the Truss Bridge.
On this walking tour, you’ll hear about:
• Local Native American history
• California’s early history
• The history of the gold rush and how it's connected to Folsom
• The Victorian homes in Folsom
• The revitalization of the Historic District in Old Town Folsom
• Johnny Cash and the “Folsom Prison Blues”
The tour is ready whenever you are. It plays automatically at exactly the right time and place using your smart phone’s GPS and the VoiceMap mobile app, which works offline.
To use your tour, please read the important instructions below and disregard all other codes except for this one: FLSM2872
1. Install the VoiceMap mobile app. (Just search the Apple App Store or Google Play for VoiceMap Audio Tour.)
2. Create an account
3. Select Tour Codes from the menu, then select Enter Codes
4. Enter the code below then select Download Now
This code can be used by every member of your party. If you have booked for three people, for example, three people can download this tour using the same code. Codes are not case sensitive.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE:
• You can download the tour at any time, before or after your booking date. It’s best to download the tour before you set off for the starting point.
• When the download completes, you’ll see a screen with a photo of the starting point and directions to it. The red start button will become active when you are at the starting point.
• This tour follows a set route and includes turn-by-turn directions. It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next.
• The download should only take a few minutes to complete. If it takes longer, please cancel the download, go to Account, select Purchased and download the tour from there.
• Remember to bring your own headphones, unless you have booked a driving tour.
For technical support and other queries, please email [email protected]